Dr. Harry Lander first came to this area in 1938 and then he was soon joined by his cousin Dr. David Lander. They would come to help their patients at any time of day or night. They were very kind and friendly. They were best at dealing with patients that had broken bones, burns, and had breathed in gas from the oilfields. The doctors helped build the Turner Valley Hospital. Dr. Harry got sick and kept working for just a few weeks before he passed away on May 22, 1963. They were respected by the community and they were proud that the local pool was dedicated to them in April 1963. We are happy that the doctors did a lot of work in our area.
:55 video (1.54 Mb)