This Flash portion of the site is best viewed with a High Speed Internet connection.
Please have the following components installed
|If you are connected to a slow or dial-up connection, please enter the HTML site|
To view videos on ways for teachers to use this web resource, and the Kainai community responses to the resource please go to the instructional videos.
Look at the Student
Picture Gallery for beautiful pictures taken by
students during the Kainai Plants and Culture project.
The website consists of:
· a partially immersive area that presents the plants in the context of the sights and sounds of the land
· plant descriptions in Blackfoot, French and English
· links to audio and video interviews with elders
· a fully searchable digitized books and artifacts
· student photography, music, and artwork
· an interpretive video
· teacher planning resources and ethnobotany inquiry
Some material is culturally sensitive and is presented only in Blackfoot.
Please visit the Flash version of this site
Culture.ca [C] | Kainai Board of Education [K] mail link | Redcrow Community College [R] | University of Calgary IR [U] | Galileo Educational Network [G]